This mouthwatering casserole makes an excellent potluck dish. It's creamy and just bursting with flavor. A golden topping made of cornflakes and almonds offers 'crunch' appeal!—Michelle Krzmarzick, Redondo Beach, California
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Toss cornflakes with butter; sprinkle over cheese. Top with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Almond Chicken Casserole in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p7
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Almond Chicken Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review