- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Toss cornflakes with butter; sprinkle over cheese. Top with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Almond Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
"Wonderful flavor, almonds and water chestnuts make a nice crunchy texture to the rice and creamy sauce"
"Looks harder than it is. Very good! Nice crunchy texture. I made a few changes. Use light or low fat mayo and sour cream. Omitted the mushrooms because they aren't popular with my family. I felt like 2 cups chicken wasn't enough for the amount of mayo/sour cream/soup mixture, so I added another cup of chicken. I also added a splash of milk (about a 1/2 cup) to make it creamier. Lastly, to add a little more flavor that some said was lacking, I substituted the regular salt for celery salt. It worked. Overall it was a real hit, and I will definitely make it again!"
"At first this ingredient list looked more daunting then I wanted to try but it really is easy since most are just vegetables and I adjust those based on what I have on hand. I thought it was a nice casserole and really good for my picky eaters."
"Our Residents love it :) thanks for sharing the recipe"