Almond Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Toss cornflakes with butter; sprinkle over cheese. Top with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Almond Chicken Casserole(18)
Sort By :
At first this ingredient list looked more daunting then I wanted to try but it really is easy since most are just vegetables and I adjust those based on what I have on hand. I thought it was a nice casserole and really good for my picky eaters.
Our Residents love it :) thanks for sharing the recipe
Made this last night leaving out mushrooms but adding frozen peas and carrots. Everything else was as written in recipe. It was delish! Creamy and an excellent easy meal
The recipe went together beautifully and was a big hit with my family. Also made a batch for neighbors - they loved it!
Casserole is average. Did not think is was any thing special. The recipie could use some herbs to add a punch of flavor. Agree with the other review's that it needs a side of rice to assist with the dish.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >