- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) mild green taco sauce
- 9 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large skillet, brown beef; drain fat. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Add taco sauce; simmer for 5-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cover the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with three tortillas, tearing them into pieces as necessary. Spread half of meat mixture over tortillas, then sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Layer with three more tortillas; spread with refried beans. Cover with sour cream; sprinkle with green onions and olives. Place remaining tortillas over top; cover with remaining meat mixture and cheese. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Acapulco Delight
"Made it last weekend and everyone fought over the leftovers! Wonderfully delicious and so quick to throw together! Also a fabulous meal to bring to a potluck!"
"I've made this recipe several times, and it is always enjoyed by everyone. It is delicious, and I can't stop eating it, when it's in my refrigerator!"
"Making this again tonight for the second time. The kids love it!!"
"My Mom just made this recipe and it was as good as any great Mexican restaurant. Delicious!!!!"
"I Can`t wait to make this it sounds delicious.my Family loves mexican recipes.Coleen123"