- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups A to Z ingredients (choose from list below)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- A to Z INGREDIENTS:
- Apples, peeled and shredded
- Apricots (dried), chopped
- Bananas (ripe), mashed
- Carrots, shredded
- Dates, pitted and chopped
- Figs (dried), chopped
- Grapes (seedless), chopped
- Oranges, peeled and chopped
- Peaches, peeled and chopped
- Pears, peeled and chopped
- Pineapple (canned), crushed and drained
- Dried plums, pitted and chopped
- Pumpkin, canned
- Raspberries, unsweetened fresh or frozen
- Rhubarb, chopped fresh or frozen
- Strawberries, fresh or frozen
- Sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- Zucchini, peeled and grated
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, oil and eggs. Stir in A to Z ingredients of your choice and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into liquid ingredients just until moistened. Stir in nuts. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for A-to-Z Bread
Sort By :
I cut the recipe in 1/2 but used 2 eggs, no oil and 1 c. fruit plus 1/2 c. fruit puree....... the 1 c. was strawberries and rhubarb; the puree was strawberries.... YUM!
My 4 yr. old is VERY picky, and she LOVES this bread!!! Any time we get bananas she immediately asks if I will make banana bread for her. This is defiantly a must keep!
I have used this recipe time and again and made adjustments to suit my tastes! Dawn E. Lowenstein
I have made this recipe before and I've found it really good! I have adjusted the recipe to suit my tastes! I used 2 cups sugar: 1/2 brown & 1/2 white, and I used three cups of A to Z ingredients, rather than 2 cups. Ingredients I'd used yesterday were a combination of cooked, mashed sweet potatoes, ground Navel orange, chopped unpeeled Granny Smith apple and chopped Bing cherries, pitted,
to make 3 cups total. I used 1 tsp. each
of baking powder, baking soda and salt & 2 tsp. ground cinnamon. I also baked the loaves in three 8-1/2x4-1/2" loaf pans and baked the loaves at 350o F. instead of 325o F. For me, this method worked.
I used the 55 to 65 time! I've baked this
bread a # of times and took it to our chapel
for our Sunday morning coffee breaks!
People have really enjoyed this bread!
Thank you for sharing this recipe, Marcella
I have the original recipe from this contributor and I'd prepared it yesterday, using sweet potatoes, chopped unpeeled
Granny Smith apples, 1 ground Navel orange
and chopped Bing cherries. I used a total of 3 cups of A to Z ingredients, rather than 2 cups. I also had used 2 cups of sugar in the original recipe-1/2 white and 1/2 brown. The original recipe called for 1 tsp. each of baking powder, baking soda and salt, so I kept it at that! I'd omitted the nuts since there are people who have nut allergies! I've baked this bread a # of times and it's been a lot of fun to use A to Z ingredients which work well-I'd used a combination of zucchini, shredded, ground apple (left unpeeled), ground Navel orange,
candied fruit, canned pineapple, pumpkin-of course matching up the A to Z ingredients to make the bread compatible!
I also found that this bread makes 3 loaves, rather than 2 loaves, using three greased and floured 8-1/2x4-1/2" loaf pans.
I baked this bread at 350o and for me this oven tempt. worked! I baked 55 to 65 minutes! This bread has been a staple at our chapel Coffee breaks-I bake it and take it to our chapel and friends who have had it really enjoy the combination of flavors in this bread! My mother also has enjoyed it! Thank you, Marcelle Okawa,
for submitting this recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Bread >
- Apple Recipes >
- Banana Bread Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peach Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Pumpkin Bread Recipes >
- Pumpkin Loaf >
- Pumpkin Recipes >
- Quick Bread Recipes >