Worms for Brains
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 8 to 10 medium sweet orange peppers
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Cut tops off peppers and set aside; remove seeds and membranes. Cut a jack-o'-lantern face on one side of each pepper; set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Drain spaghetti; add to beef. Stir in spaghetti sauce; heat through. Spoon into peppers; replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 334 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein.
Oct 15, 2011
Such a great idea. The kids loved them and the amount in each pepper was just enough...very simple, but impressive!!!
Sep 6, 2010
Loves it!! A nice spin on spaghetti. Well Be making it again soon!!
Nov 5, 2009
I made 2 of these guys and planted them in the center of a huge bowl of spaghetti for a party. They got so many comments on how cute they were, and what a great idea, etc. Very fun!
Oct 17, 2008
These are so cute and easy to do. Thanks for the great idea!