Worms for Brains
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 8 to 10 medium sweet orange peppers
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Cut tops off peppers and set aside; remove seeds and membranes. Cut a jack-o'-lantern face on one side of each pepper; set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Drain spaghetti; add to beef. Stir in spaghetti sauce; heat through. Spoon into peppers; replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 334 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein.
Oct 15, 2011
Such a great idea. The kids loved them and the amount in each pepper was just enough...very simple, but impressive!!!
Sep 6, 2010
Loves it!! A nice spin on spaghetti. Well Be making it again soon!!
Nov 5, 2009
I made 2 of these guys and planted them in the center of a huge bowl of spaghetti for a party. They got so many comments on how cute they were, and what a great idea, etc. Very fun!
Oct 17, 2008
These are so cute and easy to do. Thanks for the great idea!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.