Stir up Halloween beverages that are as bewitching as the rest of your menu. For a nonalcoholic version, just omit the vodka. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8 medium kiwifruit, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup vodka, optional
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- Ice cubes
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Place the kiwi, mint and sugar syrup in a blender; cover and process until blended. Pour into a large pitcher; stir in vodka if desired. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, stir in ginger ale. Serve over ice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 253 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Witches' Brew in Taste of Home October 2011