Ginger Tea Drink
Looking for something new and special to serve to guests? Let a soothing green tea simmer while you concentrate on preparing other dishes for your gathering. You'll ge lots of requests for the recipe. —Alexandra Marcotty, Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 15 individual green tea bags
- 4 cups white grape juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Crystallized ginger, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine boiling water and tea bags. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through.
- Strain if desired before serving warm. Garnish with crystallized ginger if desired.