Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix and butter until well combined. Beat in eggs. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat marshmallow creme and cream cheese until blended (do not overbeat). Spread filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Chill for 1-2 hours or until filling is set.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 152 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 15, 2015
These came out so pretty and tasted awesome to boot! I altered the filling a bit, cutting all but 1 oz of the marshmallow fluff, adding a few tbsp heavy cream, vanilla and then confectioners sugar to thicken and sweeten. Nice, and the whole operation took less than 30 minutes.
Jul 15, 2013
when I tried this I fogot to get the cream cheese out of the fridge so I put it into my mixer first and beat it by itself until it was light and fluffy. Then I added the marshmallow and it worked just fine. I think the trick is to make sure the cream cheese is really soft.
Jul 3, 2013
The filling won't turn to "liquid" if you beat the cream cheese until fluffy and then fold in the marshmallow fluff. Use reduced fat cream cheese if you would like to trim the calories and fat a bit.
Jun 25, 2013
This is a terrible recipe. I am not a novice baker and have a pretty good feel of how things go in the kitchen. I was looking for a short cut and so, I tried this recipe this morning and the cakes were flat and not really that great tasting. The icing was nothing but a liquid mess. A complete waste of ingredients and time! Don't repeat my mistake of trying it because it looks easy. There is no way that the photo provided is actually the recipe that it is attached to.
Jun 27, 2012
marshmellow creme and cream cheese neverbecame "light and fluffy". It turned to liquid.
Jun 10, 2012
I made these for a get-together and they were a big hit. They are super soft and chewy. They are the perfect size, so you don't have to feel too guilty when you can't stop after just one!