Girl Scout Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makes4 dozen (2-1/2-inch cookies)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Decorator's sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with trefoil cookie cutter or cutter of your choice. Place cookies on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 154 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 22, 2013
Our favorite sugar cookie recipe!
Nov 11, 2011
This is my favorite sugar cookie without frosting.
Mar 9, 2009
This recipe tasted nothing like the girl scout cookies I remember.nweyer
Mar 9, 2009
I baked these with my granddaughter and was very dissappointed. They didn't taste anything like the original girl scout cookie .
Mar 4, 2009
Did you know that you can pay for the cookies but not take delivery yourself? What you buy can be shipped to our military in Iraq or Afganastan by the manufacturer. You pay nothing extra. Sales are going on now. Please consider buying some for our military members if you don't want them yourself. Elziabeth