Walnut Apple Tube Pan Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded peeled tart apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla. Add apples and sugar; beat for 1 minute. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and baking powder; add to apple mixture until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and brown sugar; sprinkle over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 411 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 1, 2018
This cake was delicious. It was very moist. I used honeycrisp apples. I made it in a heavily sprayed fancy bundt pan and it their new out perfectly. The only change I made was adding a brown sugar glaze while the cake was still warm.
Apr 14, 2014
My first time making this cake and it was a hit! I got good compliments on it. Fresh, moist, delicious and all from scratch!
Dec 6, 2012
sorry for not finishing my review ... typing on my new Kindle Fire. Moist cake, great flavor. You only need 1 tbsp of confectioners and brown sugar.
Dec 6, 2012
This cake came out perfectly for me. Does it have a strong apple flavor? No, but they make the the cinnamon and nuts
Nov 21, 2012
Wonderfully moist cake. Fresh apples and nuts. Lovely!
Oct 26, 2012
This was very moist and delicious. The first time I made it as the recipe called and the second time I added some raisins to the batter. Perfect for the fall season.
Oct 9, 2010
Very Good cake!!!