Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
These indulgent vegan chocolate cupcakes have no butter, eggs or dairy milk, but you'd never guess it. This recipe is perfect for potlucks and family gatherings that include guests with food restrictions. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups refrigerated unsweetened coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy-free margarine, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk coconut milk, sugar, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla. Frost cupcakes.