Everyone loves a classic shortbread cookie. Make them magical with a quick dip into melted baking chips and rainbow-colored sprinkles. Your unicorns will love these rainbow bites. —Angela Lemoine, Howell, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup white baking chips, melted
- Additional sprinkles
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Gradually add flour until blended. Stir in sprinkles. Form dough into a disk and wrap in plastic; chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place dough on parchment and roll into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Score the dough into 24 rectangles. Bake until edges are golden brown, 10-15 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack; cool.
- Break or cut along score marks. Dip one edge of each cookie into melted chips, then dip in sprinkles; place on waxed paper until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 97 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Rainbow Shortbread Cookies in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.