Also on our Christmas morning menu is this rich-tasting souffle. Like any puffy souffle, it will settle a bit after you remove the dish from the oven, but the pretty golden top is very attractive. I often add some cubed ham.
Recommended: 22 Leftover Ham Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, eggs, milk and biscuit mix just until combined. Stir in the broccoli, cheeses, salt and mushrooms.
- Pour into a greased round 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Triple-Cheese Broccoli Puff in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p33