- 1 package (12 ounces) reduced-fat bulk pork sausage or breakfast turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 loaves (16 ounces each) day-old white bread, cubed
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) day-old whole wheat bread, cubed
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Remove from heat; stir in mayonnaise, mustard, sage and poultry seasoning.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl; add sausage mixture and toss. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and broth; pour over bread cubes and stir gently to combine. Transfer to two 3-qt. baking dishes coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 12-18 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 24 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews forTraditional Holiday Stuffing
"Our new Thanksgiving stuffing. Very Good."
"I would definitely make this recipe again, although I'd leave out the sausage. My family does not like sausage in their Thanksgiving stuffing."