Tangier Island Virginia Crab Cakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes12 crab cakes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 slices white bread, finely crumbled (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, mix the first 8 ingredients until blended. Fold in crab until well coated. Gently stir in breadcrumbs until well blended. Shape into twelve 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes in batches; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until dark golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 crab cake: 90 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Jul 7, 2018
These are good crab cakes. We on Tangier Island tweet the recipe to our taste. I use more mayonnaise and more Old Bay Seasoning. The size is bigger also, I make about seven crabcakes per pound.
Jul 5, 2018
Good simple crab cake. We fried them and they were amazing. Next time I make them, I will add celery to add a crunch, but keeping this recipe for reference in the future.
Jun 27, 2018
These were tasty crab cakes that were easy to prepare. They held together nice and were golden on the outside. I would bump up the spice next time, though, for extra flavor.
Jun 2, 2018
These crab cakes have a nice crisp coating and go great along side grilled or baked fish. I would have added minced onion and celery though.