When our kids read about sugarplums in a holiday tale, they were intrigued...and so was I! In short order, I figured out a no-bake way to make the sweets from dried fruits and nuts.
Recommended: Top 25 Food Gift Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (15 ounces) raisins
- 2 cups pitted dried plums
- 1 package (8 ounces) dried mixed fruit
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a food processor, combine the chop raisins, plums, mixed fruit and pecans. Cover and process until chopped. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place on waxed paper and let stand at room temperature for 4 hours. Store in an airtight container. Roll in additional sugar before serving if desired. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Sugarplums in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p39
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2010