Southern Pecan Catfish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a shallow bowl, combine 1/2 cup pecans, cornmeal, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Coat catfish with pecan mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium-high heat; fry fillets for 6-7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Add remaining pecans; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the cream, lemon juice and remaining salt and pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in parsley. Serve with catfish.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 633 calories, 59g fat (24g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Nov 12, 2017
Delicious! I made this with the Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans from the same issue.
Mar 25, 2015
We have now switched to frying Swai instead of catfish or Pollack because it is about $3.00 per lbs cheaper ( 15 lbs box for $38.00 ) Plus it tastes better. We tried this new sauce recipe and it was great. I would not change a thing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.