- 2 packages (9-3/4 ounces each) corn chips, divided
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Spread 1 package of corn chips on the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; sprinkle with 1 cup chocolate chips.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter. Pour half of the peanut butter mixture over chip mixture. Top with remaining corn chips and chocolate chips; drizzle with remaining peanut butter mixture. Let stand until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forSouth Dakota Frito Treats
"So this is the strangest recipe I've ever tried. They are good as well as easy to make, but too sweet for me (hence the 3 stars). Other people seem to like them though. I did follow the reviewer's suggestion to crush the chips a bit first & I did that. This would go well at a potluck or a Superbowl party. The sweetness factor makes them a no for me, though."
"I like dark chocolate so will try these bars that way. They look good."