- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1 cup chopped dried mangoes
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine oats, sunflower kernels, coconut and salt. In a small bowl, whisk oil and honey until blended. Stir into oat mixture. Cook, covered, on high 2 hours, stirring well every 20 minutes.
- Remove granola to baking sheets, spreading evenly; cool completely. Stir in pineapple and mangoes. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 8 cups.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Honey Granola
"I am glad to find a method that does not heat up my house during the summer. I used half light olive oil and coconut oil for a family member that cannot have canola oil. I added raisens. It is not overly sweet which is fine with me, as you can add dried fruits if you want more. I did not think it would crisp up, but it does when cooled."
"I didn't have all the ingredients, but the basic recipe is great. I've made it twice in one week.Subbed sunflower kernels and flaked coconut for crushed almonds and omitted the pineapple and mango. Added 1/4 cup brown sugar. After it finished cooking, I let it dry on a cookie sheet overnight. Perfect."
"This recipe is amazing. I make it at least once a week. I recently tried cooking granola in the oven and my family was very unhappy - they only want this one. I love how easy it is to make and to customize to our tastes. This is the only granola recipe you will ever need."
"I loved this!"