- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel white corn, drained or 1-1/4 cups frozen shoepeg corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forSlow-Cooked White Chili
"I added a little chili powder and some black pepper to add a little extra flavor. We'll definitely add this to our list of keepers."
"Very easy! My whole family like it!"
"Very good! I added a little bit of cayenne pepper to give it more of a kick."
"Excellent!!!!! You don't need to change a thing!!"