- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup Mexican-style hot tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (12 inches)
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream
- Cut roast in half and place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add broth. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Remove beef. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Skim fat from cooking liquid; reserve 1/2 cup cooking juices.
- Return shredded beef and reserved liquid to the slow cooker. Stir in the enchilada sauce, green chilies, tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour or until heated through. Spoon beef mixture down the center of tortillas; add toppings of your choice. Roll up. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Green Chili Beef Burritos
"I love making this for my roommates and our friends. It feeds a lot of people and the flavor is amazing. Great for tailgating, really easy to make, freezes well."
"My family just loved this recipe, freezes well we kicked it up a notch"