Skinny Tortilla Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 28 tortilla chips, divided
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1 cup cheese; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Crumble half of the tortilla chips into soup bowls. Ladle soup over chips. Top each serving with two crumbled chips; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 295 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 900mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Jan 11, 2015
SImply delicious and SO simple to make!! I added a can of mexican diced tomatoes and only put in a small amount of cheese while cooking. For serving, I added a dollop of sour cream, a few tortilla chips and a bit of cheese to the bowls. Loved this, will definitely make again!
Dec 4, 2014
This is very good. I used it to use up some of my left over turkey! My dad and my boyfriend even liked it. Awesome recipe!!!! I will make it again!
Nov 12, 2014
Delicious, healthy, and easy to put together? Yes, please!
Jul 24, 2014
I made this soup tonight even though the temp. was nearly 100º here in Texas. It was super easy to prepare and my husband declared it a keeper. There are lots of possibilities with this recipe but it was delicious just as it reads. Definitely a five star recipe. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home.
Oct 30, 2013
Excellent soup and very quick and easy. We will make this many many times in the coming months.
Oct 11, 2013
This was a good, quick dinner. I love that it comes together so fast. Perfect for a busy family!
Apr 3, 2012
My 18 year old son's exact words: Oh Yeah. We all totally loved this soup and will make it over and over again. It is so good and good for you.
Feb 13, 2012
This was a great recipe. Highly recommended!
Jan 2, 2012
So easy, fast and delicious! I added fresh chopped tomatoes and skipped the cheese. It's so good you won't miss the extra calories!
Feb 10, 2011
This was a yummy, easy, quick soup. I omitted the chips and added 1/4 tsp. chili powder and 1/4 tsp. cumin, and sprinkled chopped fresh cilantro immediately before serving. For more color, I added a cup of canned drained diced tomatoes. I skipped the 2 cups of cheese and instead only sprinkled a handful of cheese over each bowl immediately before serving. For us this was more like 3 dinner-sized servings (not 7 servings).
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.