Our impressive twice-baked potatoes feature garlic-infused cooked shrimp. These "spuds" could be served as a supper by themselves!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: 28 Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; rub with oil and salt. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly; cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large bowl, mash pulp with the sour cream, heavy cream, garlic, parsley, horseradish and salt until blended. Spoon into potato shells; keep warm.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook shrimp for 1 minute on each side. Add the parsley, lemon juice, wine or broth and salt; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Top each potato with a shrimp; drizzle with pan drippings. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Scampi Topped Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p12