A fruity dressing zip drapes this zippy salad from Jackie Pressinger of Stuart, Florida. Served on a bed of greens, the scrumptious combination of grilled seafood, veggies and macadamia nuts is the perfect way to celebrate a special summer occasion.
Recommended: 75 Delicious Ways to Eat Corn on (and off) the Cob
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons diced peeled mango
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh pineapple
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mango chutney
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon lime juice
- Dash salt
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 6 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 sea scallops, halved
- Place the first eight ingredients in a blender. Cover and process until blended; set aside. Divide the lettuce, cucumber, avocado, nuts, onion and cilantro between two serving plates.
- In a small bowl, combine oil and jerk seasoning. Thread shrimp and scallops onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with oil mixture.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque. Place on salads; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp 'n' Scallops Tropical Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p31