Shortcut Sausage Minestrone
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans or frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked ditalini or other small pasta
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook sausage, pepper and onion over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Add green beans, water, kidney beans, tomatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Stir in ditalini; cook, uncovered, 10-11 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 232 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 773mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 16, 2017
This soup is very good, and quite filling! I used turkey smoked sausage, cut finely instead of the sausage recommended. I'll be making this again!
Sep 23, 2016
Hearty and simple soup - almost more like a chili because of how hearty it was. Only reason I rated it a 4 was because of the simple flavor profile - perfect for the person that doesn't want a lot of spice/seasoning in their food...but unfortunately, I'm not that person! If I make this one again, I'll probably add a teaspoon or 2 or Italian Seasoning to see if that was the missing link for me.
Sep 3, 2016
This is really tasty soup! It was easy start to finish, The soup made for a nice lunch this afternoon. I used zucchini instead of green pepper (personal preference) and canned beans from my pantry, cannellini beans. This is a delicious soup! I will be using in my soup rotations this Fall and Winter!