- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes (1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, water, salt, marjoram and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Add the corn, cream-style corn and milk; heat through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forSausage Corn Chowder
"This is like the corn chowder I made last night, except the recipe i found in a collection of favorites from TOH was a bit different......it used a pound of smoked sausage, 3 cups of water, and 1 t. of dried basil instead of the marjoram. I don't see the exact recipe I used, but this one is so similar, I'll rate it anyway. It was delicious....loved the smoked sausage in it and the flavor it gave to the chowder."