- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish, cut side down. Microwave, uncovered, on high 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Turn peppers cut side up.
- Reserve 1/3 cup salsa; add remaining salsa to quinoa. Stir in beans, ricotta cheese and 1/4 cup jack cheese. Spoon mixture into peppers; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until filling is heated through. Top with reserved salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forQuinoa & Black Bean-Stuffed Peppers
"I had a late crop of green peppers from my garden and they were perfect for this recipe. I used a quinoa blend and replaced the ricotta cheese with cottage cheese, like I usually do for recipes. This dish tasted really good. It got a thumbs up from everyone."
"I have been trying to find meatless entrees for dinner once a week. I really enjoyed this and didn't miss the meat, but my meat-loving husband was not impressed."