Pumpkin Pie Squares
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine flour, oats and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat filling ingredients until smooth; pour over crust. Bake 45 minutes.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over filling. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes longer. Cool, then refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 248 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 7, 2017
This is a very delicious pumpkin recipe with a new twist, I made it last night for a small dinner party. It makes a lot of dessert because it will fill your whole pan almost to the top. The bottom is crunchy & oaty which pairs nicely with the creamy pumpkin pie filling. The top adds a caramelized candy like crunch with the nuts, a bit sweet, but its dessert. I added a full tablespoon of flour to the topping as some mentioned, it was perfect. I didn't have time to chill it in the fridge at the time, so I let it sit to cool on a rack until we were ready for it. At about room temperature, I scooped out portions. Pumpkin lovers enjoyed it & went back for seconds. Cant wait for tonite to try the chilled version with a bit of whipped cream after I spend the day decorating for Xmas. Keeper recipe.
Nov 21, 2017
Love it looks so good
Oct 15, 2017
So delicious! I halve the recipe to make an 8" square pan for our small family of 4. Super easy to make! Have been making since they first appeared back in the 1999 Holiday issue.
Sep 17, 2017
We love this pumpkin pie-like dessert! The only thing that needed tweaking - IF u do the topping, it needs a little flour to "bind" it into crumbs, otherwise, it just melts into a puddle on top! I added 2 tbsp. flour for half a recipe (made in an 8" pan which also worked out great). If making the full pan, then I'd suggest adding 1/4 cup flour to the topping.
Jun 25, 2017
Just like pumpkin pie, but in a bar. These are soooo tasty!!
Nov 12, 2015
Delicious and great for serving a group! I'll definitely make this again.
Oct 16, 2013
if you love pumpkin pie then you'll love this. I made it as written. It makes a lot though so be prepared to serve either to a big crowd or be ready for leftovers, which are always good right?
Oct 1, 2013
Great recipe. I made this the first time for our church fellowship dinner. It was totally gone by the end of the dinner. I didn't make the topping but served with whipped cream.
Nov 21, 2012
I have been making this for quite some time. I double the crust and bake in 11x15 pan, and bake for about 20 min. I use the filling recipe, and it really fills the pan, but I like a thinner pie square with more crust. I then bake it for 45 min., and don't use the topping. This is really delicious. I also put 1/2 cup of pecans in the crust.
Oct 7, 2012
This recipe is soooo good, be prepaired with many copies of this recipe, as every one who tries it will want a copy. Thanks for sharing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.