Pumpkin Cheese Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Drop tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 344 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 8, 2017
Absolutely delicious. I took it to an event and everyone loved it. It is so very moist
Oct 12, 2016
I substituted oatmeal for the coconut and added two tablespoons of butter and two tablespoons of flour to give it more of a streusel topping. Also used pumpkin pie spice as others did. Dense, moist cake. Delicious!
Sep 12, 2014
Everyone at my office enjoyed it a lot.
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 8, 2012
Added pumpkin pie spice mix! Too die for!!Family and friends can't get enough!
Apr 22, 2012
This is my absolute go-to dessert recipe. Everyone always loves it!
Jan 16, 2012
One of my go-to sweet recipes. Delicious!
Nov 3, 2011
This is a wonderful fall recipe. I have made it several times and it is always a hit. Super moist and tastes great even days later (if it lasts that long!) I like to add nutmeg and cloves for some extra spice.
Apr 24, 2011
A must make for the fall! Simply delicious!
Dec 16, 2010
I cut this recipe in half and baked in an 8-inch square pan as the 13 x 9 inch is too much for us. This was not quite as moist as I would have liked, perhaps because I halved the recipe. The cheese seemed to stay on top and didn't seem to marble right. It was delicious served fresh. Next time I make it, I will make the full recipe and take more time swirling the cream cheese mixture. All in all, a good cake.