- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced pitted green olives, drained
- 1 cup sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- In a 6 qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 8 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Add orzo. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to low, and set time for 3 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 4 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Chicken, pasta and vegetables should be tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPressure Cooker Mediterranean Chicken Orzo
"Awesome weeknight recipe. It was a hit with my Olive loving family. Super simple. Throw everything in the instant pot, kick up your feet. Very versatile. I added a half of a can of white beans. Next time, I may throw in spinach to make it a one pot meal."