Pressure Cooker Beer-Braised Pulled Ham
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. + releasing
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3/4 cup German or Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (4 pounds)
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 16 pretzel hamburger buns, split
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, whisk together beer, 1/2 cup mustard and pepper. Add ham and rosemary. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 20 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Remove ham; cool slightly. Discard rosemary sprigs. Skim fat from liquid remaining in pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for high heat. Bring liquid to a boil; cook for 5 minutes.
- When ham is cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Discard bone. Return ham to pressure cooker; heat through. To serve, place shredded ham on pretzel bun bottoms with remaining mustard and, if desired, dill pickle slices. Replace tops.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 378 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1246mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Aug 21, 2019
Great recipe: the best ham I've ever had! I made one terrific mistake though, I added all of the 3/4 cup on mustard to the beer, oops. It turned out great! I saved the beer/mustard liquid after straining the rosemary and whatever would not fit through the strainer. The next day, yesterday, I pressure cooked dried large Lima beans for 7 minutes in water and then drained and rinsed the beans. I added them back to the Instant Pot and poured the reserved liquid with 32 ounces of chicken stock to make sure the liquid level was one inch above the "bean line." I then added a large onion, chopped: 6 baby carrots, rough chopped and: 3 cups diced ham from your great recipe. It was the BEST Lima Beans and Ham recipe. Thank you for the great recipe!!!!!!!