To jazz up leftover ham, I cooked it with a beer sauce. Buns loaded with ham, pickles and mustard are irresistible. —Ann Sheehy, Lawrence, Massachusetts
Featured In: 27 Recipes You Can Make In Your Instant Pot
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3/4 cup German or Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (4 pounds)
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 16 pretzel hamburger buns, split
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, whisk together beer, 1/2 cup mustard and pepper. Add ham and rosemary. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 20 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Remove ham; cool slightly. Discard rosemary sprigs. Skim fat from liquid remaining in pressure cooker. Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat. Bring liquid to a boil; cook for 5 minutes.
- When ham is cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Discard bone. Return ham to pressure cooker; heat through. To serve, place shredded ham on pretzel bun bottoms with remaining mustard and, if desired, dill pickle slices. Replace tops. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Beer-Braised Pulled Ham in One Pot Instant Pot Winter 2017