Prairie Apple Crunch
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Whipped cream, optional
- Place apples in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Combine brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or at room temperature with cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 250 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Aug 23, 2019
My Mom had this recipe in her collection. The ingredients were the same but the amounts were different. I used apple pie spice because I didn't have the individual spices called for here. All I can say is it is one of the most unassuming, yet fabulous desserts my family has ever enjoyed! It's a real winner and keeper.
Oct 2, 2016
This is my "go to" recipe for a great apple dessert! Always a favorite when I serve it.
Aug 29, 2014
I went by the recipe and and am very happy with the results. This is delicious. I was given lots of apples and need to use some up. They were not quite as tart as I would have wished but still made a wonderful desert. Will be making this one again!