Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Grease a 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle lightly with cornmeal and set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oregano, eggs and milk; stir until smooth; pour into the baking dish. Crumble meat mixture over batter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes. Spoon pizza sauce over top; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 219 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 511mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Oct 24, 2012
I can't get over how good this is for something so easy to make! Please try it, you'll love it. I did add our favorite green peppers to the ground beef and onion. I also used the homemade pizza sauce that we love from this site; I always have some in the freezer. Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe!
May 14, 2011
I grew up with this pizza. My grandma used to make, then my dad and mom, and now me. So easy and yummy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.