Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Grease a 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle lightly with cornmeal and set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oregano, eggs and milk; stir until smooth; pour into the baking dish. Crumble meat mixture over batter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes. Spoon pizza sauce over top; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 219 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 511mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Oct 24, 2012
I can't get over how good this is for something so easy to make! Please try it, you'll love it. I did add our favorite green peppers to the ground beef and onion. I also used the homemade pizza sauce that we love from this site; I always have some in the freezer. Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe!
May 14, 2011
I grew up with this pizza. My grandma used to make, then my dad and mom, and now me. So easy and yummy!