- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1-3/4 pounds potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4-in. cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Drain clams, reserving clam juice. In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Add onion to drippings; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in water and reserved clam juice; cook and stir until bubbly.
- Add potatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in milk, parsley and clams; heat through. Top with bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPotato Clam Chowder
"Love lobbster,cheese and seafood-uncle had seafood business way back in 1979 moreover its from new england a place I would love to visit when I get a chance to visit the U.S which definitely may in 5 years time -till that time can always see lovely recipies and dream about lovely things-cant I ????"