Pork with Blueberry Herb Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, pepper, salt and cayenne; sprinkle over pork.
- In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove pork and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 8 minutes. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/4 cup sauce: 343 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 22, 2016
I made this using some pork tenderloin medallions for the TOH community ingredient challenge using frozen Maine blueberries. It was fantastic; never thought of pairing blueberries with meat (except for using blueberries in chicken salad). I got enough for two more meals that I froze, and would make this again.
Apr 6, 2015
This was really good. I would have never put blueberries with pork chops, but it really worked. I will definitely make these again.
Apr 28, 2012
I have made this several times and follow recipe exactly and it always turns out wonderful. My husband said this is a keeper!
Apr 27, 2012
What a wonderful flavor combination. Sweet yet tangy. Hubby says to add this to the favorites list!
Jan 30, 2012
Great simple recipe! Loved it!
Jul 26, 2011
Easy and soooo delicious! I grilled my porkchops and simmered the other ingredients on the stove.
Jul 12, 2011
Super simple recipe and very tasty! Love the spicy contrast of the herb rub with the sweet blueberries! My whole family loved it and asked for the recipe.
Jul 6, 2011
I made this with blackberries instead and it was wonderful. I'm going to make it again soon.
May 24, 2011
I followed the recipe exactly as written and this came out yummy. The flavors paired nicely and the sweet wasn't overpowering.I'm going to try it with chicken next time.