- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (6 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes; add snap peas and water chestnuts. Simmer 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until smooth; gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPolynesian Vegetables
"I loved this dish. How nice to find a different combo of veggies. My only complaint is the sauce was great and just sweet enough but runny, so I thickened it and it lost its flavor. That was my fault and i'll make adjustments next time."