- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped salted roasted pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour, mixing well. Press onto bottom of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 12-14 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine brownie mix, water, oil and egg until blended.
- Spread brownie batter over hot crust. Bake until center is set, 14-16 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread melted chocolate over top; sprinkle with pistachios. Let stand until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forPistachio Brownie Toffee Bars
"Although this is really tasty, the crust recipe is not large enough to spread in a 10x15 pan? I had to transfer to an 11 x7 pan to get it to cover. Then used a small brownie mix. Wondering if others who made this had the same problem?"
"These bars turned out beautifully. This will definitely be a Christmas favorite!"
"These bars are so delicious. This recipe is definitely a keeper!"