- 6 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2/3 cup pear nectar or unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm or chilled.
1/4 cup: 54 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.