- 15 shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cream of coconut
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 3 tablespoons apple jelly
- Edible blossoms, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and coconut; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the cream of coconut, milk and extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Thinly slice pineapple; arrange on cheesecake. Warm apple jelly; brush over pineapple. Refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, garnish with blossoms if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forPina Colada Cheesecake
"I thought it didn't have much of a flavor to it. I was disappointed......... It was ok but not 5 star!"
"Question: What type of shortbread cookies for the crust? I wish there was an amount, I'm assuming there are a lot of different sized cookies out there!"
"Excellent, I made it for my niece's bridal shower and everyone left with the recipe!"
"Cheesecakes are my specialty. Trust me, it doesn't get any tastier than this one. Follow the directions exactly as written. JUST INCREDIBLE!"
"Sounds yummy! Will this work for a mini cheesecake version?"
"Crust was very good and easy to make. Served to guests and they loved it. The pineapple on top was good, not sure what the apple jelly was for- couldn't taste it at all."
"I getting ready to make it....what do Uthink of using pineapple perserves inplace of apple ?"
"Is there a MakeOver recipe for this Cheese cake?"