- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- Whisk together ricotta cheese and milk; set aside. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; saute 1 minute. Add next seven ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add cheese mixture to fettuccine; top with vegetables. Toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPepper Ricotta Primavera
"I saw this recipe in the magazine & knew I had all the ingredients so I gave it a shot. Next time I will search for the recipe online if I find one I like in the magazine. I love spicy dishes but there was way too much crushed red pepper. Once you got past that, I agree with everyone else because it was incredibly bland. I'm going to add jarred alfredo sauce to the leftovers because I hate wasting food and this is borderline inedible on its own."
"Absolutely tasteless and bland. Went right in the garbage."
"This was really bland"
"This was really boring and bland."
"This recipe was fast and easy but the sauce was bland."