Penne From Heaven
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil and salt; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Stir in cheese; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 188 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Oct 11, 2014
SO simple to make--lets you spend the time you need on the main course. Great flavor combo--my kids devour this. I do not use the mushrooms--other than that I do not have to make any adjustments--good as is written. Very Mediterranean in flavor!
Jul 9, 2012
Revolting! I thought the combination of ingredients sounded good, but it's terrible - I threw out the leftovers.
Apr 23, 2010
I have made this recipe numerous time for my husband. It is one of his favorites. The only thing I do differently, is I use an 8oz container of feta cheese.Ronda
Mar 5, 2008
My husband and I love this recipe. It is easy to prepare and makes a great meal and a great lunch the following day. We do however, choose not to include the mushrooms since neither of us like them, but the recipe was still excellent.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.