Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 10 hot dogs (1 pound), sliced
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the potatoes, hot dogs, onion and peas. Combine the soup, butter, mustard and pepper; gently stir into potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 319 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 933mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Apr 6, 2016
I had some leftover hot dogs so I decided to try this (I cut the recipe in half). My husband and I thought it was pretty good, but lacked something. Maybe another spice, like garlic powder. Or a crushed-cracker crust. Or something. I honestly didn't think the "sauce" part had much of a flavor at all. Overall, it was alright. I would make this again if I had leftover hot dogs, with some minor tweaks.
Mar 12, 2015
This is a very easy and quick meal. My daughter loves it. I change types of mustard to give it different flavors of the mood at that moment.
Nov 18, 2013
Great easy weeknight meal. My family loves it, and it doesn't break the budget.
Oct 15, 2013
Love this recipe. Great for potlucks. I usually double the recipe and top with a crumble of shredded cheese and dried bread crumbs. That gives it a nice crunch. Everyone always wants the recipe.
Jun 10, 2013
This is such a simple recipe to make, and it's fun to try different variations on the original. I like to use little smokie links instead of the hot dogs, sometimes smoked brats. Also can swap out the vegies to fit your family's liking.One word of advice, do not overcook the potatoes unless you want it to be a soupy mashed potato mess. And I use whatever potato I have on hand, and peel them if needed.
Jun 10, 2013
Making for dinner tonight, instead of leftovers. May use broccoli crowns in place of peas! Yummy Casserole for sure.
Nov 21, 2012
This casserole is very economical. Used to make when kids were young, and still make it today.
Sep 16, 2011
it is filled with yummy flavors and my little girl ate it. can't wait to make it again!
Nov 17, 2009
When I brought the leftovers from this casserole to school the next day, reheating it in the teacher's room caused quite a stir and thus, I became the envy of my colleagues during lunch. Afterward, my colleagues flooded me with emails requesting the recipe for this very tasty dish.
Nov 10, 2009
This was a great casserole, and very quick. My kids even enjoyed it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.