Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in sour cream and salt. Shape the dough into a ball; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For filling, combine bread crumbs and butter. Add apples, sugar, raisins, pecans and cinnamon; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Divide dough into thirds; turn onto a floured surface. Roll each into a 15x12-in. rectangle. Spoon filling evenly onto dough; spread to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up from a long side; pinch seams and ends to seal.
- Carefully place each loaf seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 55-60 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
1 piece: 192 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.