I created this twist on a Bellini when a friend gave me some Asian pears she grew in her backyard. If you like ginger and want more of a kick, try substituting ginger liqueur for the vodka. —Jacyn Siebert, San Francisco, California
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups pear nectar
- 2 medium Asian pears, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain or pear vodka
- 3 bottles (750 milliliters each ) champagne, chilled
- Fresh pear slices
- In a large saucepan, combine pear nectar, pears, ginger and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until pears are softened. Cool.
- Place mixture in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Press mixture through a fine-mesh strainer. Stir in vodka. Pour 1-1/2 ounces into each champagne flute or cocktail glass. Top with 4 ounces champagne. Serve with pear slices. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Pear & Ginger Sparkler in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p112