Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches or 1 pound frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1 package (3/4 ounce) fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups cold water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- Additional cold water
- Ice cubes
- Club soda or champagne
- Additional fresh basil leaves
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, peaches, basil and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 30 minutes. Discard basil; stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate until cooled completely.
- Place peach mixture in a blender; cover and process until blended. Strain into a pitcher; add additional cold water to reach desired consistency. To serve, fill glasses with ice. Pour peach mixture halfway up glass; top with club soda or, if desired, champagne. Serve with additional basil.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without champagne): 157 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 23, 2019
Was nice to have a drink that was able to be consumed with or without alcohol. Some of the individuals we shared it with felt something was missing, might try it with some added mint if we were to try again. Others preferred it without the club soda or champagne.