Mix with club soda for a cool and refreshing mocktail! —Dana Hinck, Pensacola, Florida
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches or 1 pound frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1 package (3/4 ounce) fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups cold water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- Additional cold water
- Ice cubes
- Club soda or champagne
- Additional fresh basil leaves
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, peaches, basil and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 30 minutes. Discard basil; stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate until cooled completely.
- Place peach mixture in a blender; cover and process until blended. Strain into a pitcher; add additional cold water to reach desired consistency. To serve, fill glasses with ice. Pour peach mixture halfway up glass; top with club soda or, if desired, champagne. Serve with additional basil.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without champagne): 157 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Peach-Basil Lemonade Slush in Modern Comfort Summer 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.