- 20 chocolate cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 15 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- Crush 16 cookies; toss with the butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and 1 cup confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups.
- In another large bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and remaining confectioners' sugar on low speed for 2 minutes Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Spread over peanut butter cups. Crush remaining cookies; sprinkle over the top. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forPeanut Butter Chocolate Dessert
"Yummy! Rich, smooth flavor. Leftovers didn't last long!"
"There are really good desserts, then there are GREAT desserts- this one falls under GREAT desserts. It's rich and smooth, with a variety of flavors and textures that marry together for a party in your mouth! A hard to earn 5 stars from me!"
"Sounds delicious right now and I'm loving it and I'm looking forward to making it some day."
"The first time I made this my family and I was super impressed and it has become the most requested dessert for Sunday dinners."
"This was a big hit! As a Volunteer Field Editor for TOH, I enjoy testing new recipes. As others have suggested, it is very rich and a small serving goes a long way! Very simple to make and a crowd favourite for sure!"
"Delicious but very rich. Could reduce the amount of confectioners sugar and it would still be sweet enough. A 9"x13" pan is not big enough for a doubled recipe."
"I have made this several times. Took it to work to share and even the people who said they only wanted a little bit came back for BIG second helpings. Delish"
"So rich!!! So sweet. A little dab will do you. Impressive to take to parties"
"This was very good! I placed this in a 9 x 13 pan. I just needed to crush up a few more oreos for the crust to fill the bottom of the pan. I normally don't adjust recipes prior to making them the first time but several people commented about the sweetness of this dessert so I only added 1/2 cup of powdered sugar to the cream cheese/peanut butter mixture and none to the chocolate pudding. This was perfect for us! Everyone at the party loved it! I'd definately make it again."