Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies Recipe
Total Time: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makes: 36 servings
These cookies prove peanut butter and chocolate just belong together. They're an easy family favorite that never fail to make my children smile. —Tammie Merrill, Wake Forest, North Carolina
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 36 milk chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until light brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven; immediately push a chocolate kiss into the top of each cookie. Cool on pans 2 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 cookie: 106 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.