Pastelitos De Boda
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add vanilla. Combine flour, salt and nuts; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Add cream; knead lightly.
- Shape into a roll 2-1/2 in. in diameter. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes or until delicately browned around edges. Remove to wire rack. While warm, roll in additional confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 185 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 20, 2018
Delicious! Very much like a Mexican Wedding Cake cookie. I sandwiched these together with store-bought Cajeta (goat milk caramel.) Next time I'm planning on making a chocolate dipping sauce for dunking.
Apr 24, 2013
I didn't use any more sugar . I try to cut down on sweets but these are good .