Pastelitos De Boda
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add vanilla. Combine flour, salt and nuts; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Add cream; knead lightly.
- Shape into a roll 2-1/2 in. in diameter. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes or until delicately browned around edges. Remove to wire rack. While warm, roll in additional confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 185 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 20, 2018
Delicious! Very much like a Mexican Wedding Cake cookie. I sandwiched these together with store-bought Cajeta (goat milk caramel.) Next time I'm planning on making a chocolate dipping sauce for dunking.
Apr 24, 2013
I didn't use any more sugar . I try to cut down on sweets but these are good .
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.