Outrageous Chocolate Mint Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 36 mint Andes candies, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave, melt bittersweet chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips and candies.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 111 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 7, 2019
I just finished this recipe as written and am very happy with the results. The texture is nice and they are just the right sweetness for my liking. I bake four or five different treats each week for my church and I'm positive these will be a big hit. I used a small cookie scoop and the recipe made exactly 45 cookies.
Feb 24, 2013
NOTE: I purposely didn't use bittersweet chocolate chips-I used a combination of milk chocolate chips & 1 cup of Andes Mints Mint baking pieces! I used 1 cup milk chocolate chips for melting with the butter and 1 cup unmelted chilps + 1 cup of the Andes-Mint baking bits! Dawn E. Lowenstein
Feb 24, 2013
I did use this recipe & I did tweak it to suit my tastes, using part brown & part white sugar. The challenge was that the batter spread too much on the bakiing sheets & even though I greased the sheets, I had a very hard time to remove the cookies! I then put balance of batter into greased and floured 8x8x2" square pan & baked @ 350o F just 20 minutes. Hopefully the cookies will cut in the pan! I may have to experiment, using less time! I admit that I HAD dropped the cookie batter onto greased pans on my range top & THAT COULD have been the cause of the cookies spreading too much! I'll work on this recipe! At least in a square pan, the batter looked better! They even resembled a chocolate-mint brownie! Dawn E.Lowenstein
Dec 2, 2012
I was very excited to make this recipe, but was disappointed at the results. The cookies turned out nice, and had a nice consistency, but I was put off by the taste. I found them to be too bitter. I think the choice of the 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips (I used ghiradelli) was not a good option. I love mint and I like dark chocolate, but this recipe will definately not be my go to recipe. If you like bitter tasting things, you might like this cookie.
Feb 29, 2012
I make the treats when the Red Cross comes to town for their blood draws. These filled the need for something sweet afterwards!! Recipe says drop by teaspoons but I used a tablespoon & that made 3 doz.